Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Tall Ships are Coming and The Open Sea

Hi there!

Today, I wanted to share with you a special event that took place near my home this past weekend and it reminded me of a card I made for one of my card classes.

My family and I spent most of the past weekend in Collingwood Ontario, where there were festivities commemorating the bicentennial of the war of 1812 including a visit from the Tall Ships!
 
This is a picture of one of Collingwood's most famous landmarks...the Collingwood Terminals.  They are grain elevators constructed in 1929 and they can be seen for miles.  The ships were docked right behind them.
 
 
 
And here is a picture of the gorgeous landscape...Georgian Bay with Blue Mountain in the background.  The ski hills are green right now, but oh so beautiful!  I often think to myself, just how lucky am I to live so close to this!

 
 
 

There was a re-enactment of the war, some displays of old time children's toys and other memorabilia and the ships - the fabulous ships - visiting us from the United States.
 
 
 These ships are stunning and to think they came all the way from Michigan and California to visit some of the major ports here in Ontario.
 
  

 
And so you are probably saying 'so where is the card?'  Well, of course, seeing the Tall Ships reminded me of one of the Father's Day cards I made this year.  I used The Open Sea stamp set that is available from the main catalogue.  It is an awesome nautical set that is great for masculine cards and scrapbook pages alike.  I also used the very versatile word set Delightful Dozen - it covers all of the major greetings with one set!
 
Here is my card...
 

 
 
I love adding some detail to the inside of my cards and the envelope too!
 
 
 I hope my card inspires you.

The supplies I used are:

Whisper White Cardstock
Night of Navy Cardstock
Nautical Expedition - retired Designer Series Paper
The Open Sea Stamp Set
Delightful Dozen Stamp Set
Night of Navy Classic Stampin' pad
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' pad
1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler
Decorative Label Punch

Thank you for stopping by!

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment