Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Paper Player's Valentine's Challenge #179

Hello my Stampin' Friends!

I have another Valentine's card for you today.  This time I decided to participate in The Paper Player's Challenge #179 and this one is WAY outside of my comfort zone - a one layer card!  What!  I have never attempted that before.  But hey, that's what challenges are all about...aren't they?

I decided on the Chalkboard look.  But I have to confess I did add a little, but only a little, extra detail.  I used some ribbon and 3 tiny little Cherry Cobbler hearts....I just couldn't resist.

I am loving the 'hand drawn' looking hearts from the Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set.  I thought that they would look great in 'chalk'!  I also used the Yippee-Skippee Stamp Set for the sentiment.  I thought that worked well in 'Chalk' too.

Here is my card........



Here is a close up of the chalk effect.  I did this using the Whsiper White Craft Ink and a sponge.


I love adding some detail to the inside of my cards.  There is that heart again - LOVE it!

Well, what do you think?  I'd love to hear.

The supplies I used are...........

Basic Black Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
Whisper White Craft Ink
Cherry Cobbler Ink
Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set
Yippee-Skippee Stamp Set
Chalk Marker from the Holiday Catalogue
Cherry Cobbler Ribbon
Owl Builder Punch for the hearts

Thank you for stopping by!

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

4 comments:

  1. Adorable, Tammy! I love that simple heart, too. What a great idea to use the chalkboard technique with it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! This was a great challenge. I enjoyed playing along.

      Delete
  2. What a fun card, Tammy! Love how you used the chalkboard technique. It really stands out on this one-layer wonder. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne! Thank you SO much for taking a look at my card and I am glad you liked it. Participating this week was fun!

      Delete