Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fab Friday 41 with Graduation

Hello there my Stampin' friends!
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day!  Weather you are a mom or spent time with your mom, it always makes for a wonderful day!  I was spoiled by the wonderful boys (and their father) in my house!  I am just so lucky to be their mom!  They made some projects for me at school and breakfast in bed - thank you daddy! - and they were so proud of themselves that they made me a home made card!  They used  some Pretty in Pink Stampin'UP! cardstock and even used my 'scorer thingy' otherwise known as my paper trimmer!  lol
 
Speaking of cards, I have a graduation card to show you today and I decided to participate in the Fab Friday sketch challenge!  So much fun! 
 
A few of my regular card class ladies had requested a Graduation card and I thought this layout would be perfect! 
 
I decided to use some leftover Christmas DSP - what?  Yep, but this doesn't even look like Christmas when you don't use Christmas stamps!  The pattern is in Pool Party which I thought would be great for a boy or a girl.  I used some star punches ...one from my Christmas mini's set and a retired larger one.  I also used my Decorative Label Punch  - LOVE that one - and I punched it out twice to make a fake border buy cutting it in half and gluing it to the back of the Label with the verse on it. 
 
The verse comes from the retired stamp set Party Time.  I added some rhinestones and voila!  A graduation card! 
 
Thank you Fab Friday for some great inspiration!
 
 
 
Happy Stampin'
 
Tammy

6 comments:

  1. Perfect graduation card! Stars and a "you did it" sentiment are just right. Very clever to use the Christmas DSP...love when a paper can be used out of season! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda! I had fun making this card and my card class ladies loved it too! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special graduation card! Love the colors and the sentiment. Nice job, Tammy! Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian! I loved playing along with FabFriday!

      Delete
  4. I love it when you can use holiday papers for non- holiday cards! This is a great design for graduation! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete