Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Seize the Birthday with Case this Sketch!

Hey there stampers,

So glad you stopped by today!  It is the last week of summer break here in Southern Ontario - we have been gearing up for school to start next week, but my kids don't even want to hear the word school!  They are calling it the 'S' word....lol

I have a really fun card to share with you today.  I combined two challenges to get some great inspiration!  Seize the Birthday and Cas(E) this Sketch!  I just LOVE when I can do that!  One has given me a theme to work with and the other has given me the layout - perfect! 

The theme over at Seize the Birthday challenge is...


"The Weather"
(Use a weather element on your card and or project.)

 

 And the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! is this...





What a fun combo, don't ya think?  Here is what I came up with...



When I thought about using weather, the first thing that came to my mind was using the Sprinkles of Life stampset and coordinating Tree Builder Punch.  The ice cream scoop / cupcake topper also makes the perfect cloud!  Talk about versatile!

I had some left over DSP from last year's Sweet Dreams pack which has little suns on it - way too cute and perfect DSP for this challenge.

Hello You thinlits gave me the word 'happy' and the stampset Celebrate Today for the word 'birthday'.

Hoping you like my card.  Happy Stampin'

Tammy





8 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so clever to stretch your stamps and use the unexpected for clouds!! I love that! And great use of the sketch for this birthday card too! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I was a great challenge to play along with!

      Delete
  3. This is really fun! Love your layers and the die cut happy. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Glenda - this was a really fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete