Thursday, October 22, 2015

Merry Christmas?

Hello all,

Can you believe it is just a little more than 2 months 'till Christmas!?  Have you started your cards?  I always find it easier if I do a little bit at a time.  SO.....I start holding Christmas card classes in August (yes, that reads August) and I host 1 per month through to December.  That way, my customers have a stash of hand made cards to give before all that Christmas rush begins!

The card I have to show you today is a Christmas card that I created in September.  I made this card for my besties to make while we were at our Women's Wellness Weekend - the BEST weekend of the year!  We participate in some of the planned activites, arm knitting was one of them (it was totally fun) but mostly we scrapbook and talk and giggle!  Anyhow, we made this card while we were there.

 




Aren't these little snowmen adorable?!  The Snow Friends set with matching framelites were top of my list to get from the Holiday catalogue! LOVE them. The framelits make cutting-out these little guys and all of their accessories so easy.  It was like making paper dolls.


I wanted to give them some snow to stand in front of but leaving some room for stamping at the bottom.  So I used my decorative dots embossing folder and left the bottom of the cardstock sticking out of the bottom of the embossing folder and made sure my acrylic plates didn't go beyond the embossing folder - that gave me some flat stampin' room. 

My card base is Cherry Cobbler and my DSP is Whipser White and Cherry Cobbler.  The inks I chose are Base Black Archival ink, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler. 



Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment