Sunday, June 19, 2016

Graduating with Hand Stamped Sentiments

Hi,
So glad you stopped by today!  I have a great project to share with you - it's from my most recent appearance on Roger's Daytime!  Stay tuned later this week, when I will have more projects from the TV show to share.

The theme for the show was graduation.  Do you need to prepare any graduation gifts this year?  I won't this year, but next year - wowzers!  I will have one graduating from Grade 8 and one from Grade 12 and it's gonna come fast, I am sure!

The design team over at Hand Stamped Sentiments had some great colour inspiration this week with challenge #240 (HSSCC240), so I tapped into it.


Here is one of the projects I created...

I hope I am not breaking the rules, but I substituted the Pink Piroutte for Melon Mombo.  (I was all out of Pink Piroutte).  I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits to create a gift card holder.  I don't know about you but if I can make the gift card packaging more heartfelt, I don't feel so bad about not getting a present - even if it's what they asked for!  :) 

I made the treat bag out of the new Floral Boutique DSP from the Annual Catalogue.  If you are a fan of navy and white, you are going to love this DSP.  

I cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock to make the 'inside of the card'.  I stamped the sentiment on one side and used my glue dots to stick the gift card to the other.  

I decorated the treat bag using some Melon Mombo cardstock (I didn't have any Pink Piroute) to make a 'belly band', then added a layer of ribbon. 

I couldn't resist using my Star Thinlits to make a layered star - I am so happy that the gold and silver foil cardstock is back in the catalogue this year.  

My sentiment is from the B.Y.O.P. stampset.  This set is perfect for gift cards for ANY occasion - a must have if you find yourself giving lots of gift cards. 

I hope you enjoyed my project.  Be sure to stop on over to Hand Stamped Stentiments to see all of the wonderful creations and make sure your stop by my blog later this week and see all of the projects I made for my appearance on Roger's Daytime TV.  

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful graduation project! I love the gift card insert. Great idea! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete